Think Glass won’t catch on? Maybe not as it looks today but wearable tech headgear is not going anywhere. This concept of a Glass-like Helmet is a great example of something practical we use today that becomes even more practical and functional when augmented with technology.
This Indiegogo Project is currently looking for additional funding from a group called LiveMap after already receiving funding from the Moscow Department of Science and several other Russian organizations.
Here is a quick rundown of features for this wearable straight from their project page:
- augmented reality for easy and user-friendly navigation
- clearly visible collimated image i.e. it is always in focus, just like that in scope sights
- full-color, translucent picture is projected right on the visor like in a F-35 fighter helmet, it’s safe, provides unobstructed view, doesn’t distract attention and eliminates the need for a separate display
- supposed size of the system fits a motorcycle helmet - our helmet is going to be just a bit bigger than usual
- two 3000 mAh batteries for a long operation time
- microphone for voice control that keeps both hands free for driving
- two earphones
- light sensor for adjusting the image brightness according to external light conditions
- G-sensor, gyroscope, digital compass for head movement tracking (the picture changes according to the view direction)
Check out this video for more information on the product.
I see Glass taking off in the same way once its integrated with everyday spectacles!
You can check out more information on this project and go help them raise money here on Indiegogo
Omg this is genius.
My grandpa has Alzheimer’s so he has no idea who my grandma is but everyday for the last three or four months he brings her in flowers from their garden and asks her to run away with him and be his wife and everyday she says she already is and everyday the smile my grandpa gets on his face is the most beautiful heartfelt thing I have ever seen.